ZIM operates over 100 management systems spread across the company’s global offices. Each system has multiple users running numerous applications, all consisting of different authorization systems.
In 2009, ZIM started a large-scale global rollout project, requiring a solution that would enable them to control authorizations over their different systems. The extent of the project required a dedicated Change Management team, which investigated authorizations, roles, and users per each country. There was also a need to map the process via local agencies and regional/global authorization managers.
Results: ZIM implemented ProfileTailor GRC, enabling centralized control over global authorizations in ZIM’s complex, multi-system environment. In addition, Employee Cards were produced, consisting of all authorizations on all applications from a single point of view, visible to relevant managers in every location.
Challenge (2010): The following year, ZIM required a solution that would support the process of authorization request and enable them to easily comply with SoD rules.
Results: Seamless integration of Appsian’s solution into ZIM’s BMC Remedy system. Potential SoD violations were identified at the preliminary stage of requesting authorizations. The proactive identification of SoD violations saved ZIM valuable resources, as many issues were avoided to begin with.
Challenge (2011): ZIM wanted to better handle their authorization review process.
Results: ProfileTailor GRC provided an automated authorization review process, saving overhead expenses and efficiently preparing ZIM for successful audit inspections.
Challenge (2012): ZIM was seeking to control the access of IT teams into production systems.
Results: ProfileTailor GRC enabled continuous monitoring of users in production environment, with roles allocated temporarily, and only for the purpose of specific tasks.
- Appsian’s ProfileTailor GRC suite was implemented rapidly and didn’t require any changes to monitored systems.
- ProfileTailor GRC enabled centralized control over global authorizations in ZIM’s complex, multisystem environment.
“Our long-term relationship with Appsian Security started as we entered into a very large global rollout project; ever since we have been enjoying the company’s products and innovations. Using ProfileTailor GRC,we have achieved full control over our global, multi-system and widespread authorization layout, as well as improved the efficiency of GRC compliance. Recently we were introduced to Appsian’s automated authorization solutions, which significantly reduce manual effort and related cost.”
Shipping Lines, Cargo Services
ProfileTailor GRC Suite
ZIM Integrated Shipping Ltd. was established in 1945, and has developed into one of the largest, leading carriers in the global container shipping industry. ZIM provides clients around the world with reliable, flexible shipping solutions based on expertise gained from over half a century of experience.
- Control authorizations in multi-regional, multi-system environment
- Manage authorization related processes effectively on all systems worldwide
- Comply with SoD (Segregation of Duties regulations in complex environment)
- Monitor activity in production systems
- Complete control over SoD and authorizations on all systems, in all locations, from one centralized point
- Significant saving in time by receiving notification of SoD violations at the early stage of authorization request
- Automated and easily handled authorization-related processes
- Ongoing monitoring of users in production environment.
Supported ERP Platforms
Integrate with Leading IAM Technologies
Learn Why Appsian is Best-of-Breed.
Start your free demo
"Learn how you can reduce risk with rapid threat protection, audit response and access control. All from a single, comprehensive platform"
Trusted by hundreds of leading brands